Get only updated contacts from address book of windows mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an application for get and send contacts from Windows mobile but i need to send only updted contacts instead of all, so can i get only updated contacts from windows mobile ?

Thursday, January 7, 2010 12:05 PM

Answers

• There is no "Last Modified Date" property or like for a PIM item. My idea is computing a hash code for each contact based on its properties. The hash serves as the "Last Modified Date" and helps you determine whether or not a contact has been changed. 

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.

• Marked as answer by warrentang Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:40 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Rishabh,

I think it is not possible , as I also involved in thread below regarding with same query but its about Appointments ,

Please refer thread below :

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netfxcompact/thread/439583b7-4f90-4765-91bc-3a76d6f24734

I think you need to go ahead with sending all contacts..

Hope this might help you.

If anyone provide right direction that would be appritiated..

Thanks.
    Thanks, Mohsin Shaikh. If you find my post is helpful for you then mark it as answer.
    Thursday, January 7, 2010 12:14 PM

• There is no "Last Modified Date" property or like for a PIM item. My idea is computing a hash code for each contact based on its properties. The hash serves as the "Last Modified Date" and helps you determine whether or not a contact has been changed. 

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.

• Marked as answer by warrentang Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:40 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:23 AM
  • Hi Chunsheng Tang,

I have tried with hash code for contacts but its value varies according to sequence of contacts in address book. Is there any event fire while adding , deleting or updating contacts in contactlist ?

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:18 AM
  • >>I have tried with hash code for contacts but its value varies according to sequence of contacts in address book. 

How can this prevent you from tracking the changes of a single contact? 

>> Is there any event fire while adding , deleting or updating contacts in contactlist ?

The following page can help:

Notification Window Messages
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb446044.aspx 

However you need a continually running process listening to those notifications.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 10:25 AM