Automated build and deploy (Non-Azure hosting) RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to use visual studio online as my source control and build server to perform automated deployments.  The issue is my production servers are not using windows Azure as the hosting provider.  Therefore I'm thinking it isn't possible to use the cloud build that visual studio provides for my requirements.  Is it possible to have VS online deploy to a non-Azure environment?
    Wednesday, January 7, 2015 3:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi vsnetdeveloper,

You can use Release Management to do continuous deployment with Visual Studio Online, but you have to use an on-premise build controller/agent to build your projects. Visual Studio Online continuous build only support the release to Azure. And when you use build controller, you have to install a full Release Management server localy. Please check the links below for more information:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2014/04/04/release-management-continuous-deployment-with-visual-studio-online-and-any-ci-systems.aspx

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2014/11/11/using-release-management-vso-service-to-manage-releases.aspx

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 8, 2015 3:21 AM
  • Thank you Charles.  That helped, but now I cannot add the environment.  Is the standard environment not supported in the Release Management tool?

Standard Environment

Monday, January 19, 2015 1:43 PM
  • Hi vsnetdeveloper,

You're using Release Management Preview which is not support standard environment creation. Please upgrade your Release Management to latest(Update 4) to have a try. If you have any other concerns, please open a new thread.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 23, 2015 8:22 AM