Cannot add organization in Exchange 2010 SP1 /hosting RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting the following error when trying to create an organization:

Server was unable to process request. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) 
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 
    at WebsitePanel.Providers.ExchangeHostedEdition.ExchangeServerHostedEdition.CreateOrganization(String organizationId, String programId, String offerId, String domain, String adminName, String adminEmail, String adminPassword) 
    at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.ExchangeHostedEditionController.CreateOrganization(Int32 packageId, String organizationId, String domain, String adminName, String adminEmail, String adminPassword)

The weird thing is, after running a Get-Organization and Get-Mailbox -Organzation orgname, I can see the organization in Exchange and the admin and search mailboxes for the organization. So Exchange is creating everything as it should, but WSP thinks otherwise.

Any ideas? This is all a fresh install, running Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Exchange 2010 SP1 /hosting with Update Rollup 2.

Saturday, March 5, 2011 9:30 AM

All replies

• After restarting the CAS server that WSP is installed on and restarting my WSP server, I was able to add organizations. However, I am now faced with the problem of having organizations from the above error stuck in "PendingCompletion", two of which have been in this state for over 48 hours. Using Remove-Organization -force does not work. I noticed another thread with this same issue, but the answer "related to replication" and no details. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)
    Tuesday, March 8, 2011 2:13 AM
  • I have opened a case with Microsoft to try to get rid of these "PendingCompletion" organizations and to maybe find out what causes them to stick in this state.

Word of warning to those seeking support for /hosting mode environments, MS stated since this is a very niche product, the support team is very small and it could 4-5 business days to get a response on the issue. I originally created the case with the Exchange Admin team, who called me back within 5 minutes of creating the case.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:04 AM
  • Hi, I am facing similiar problem, installed a clean websitepanel 1.1.1 on a win2008 std r2 with sp1, installed everything by documentation.

Previously installed without errors exchange 2010 sp1 /hosting mode, installation succeeded.

I created the needed space, hosting plan according to websitepanel's documentation and stuck in the "add organization" step;.

When i tried to add organization via the panel i get:

"Error creating Exchange organization
    - Error creating organization. See system logs for detailed messages."

then i went to the audit log and saw that there is permissions problem. the WSPserver user doesnt have enough permissions to create organizations.

I tried adding it to domain admins/administrator/enterprise admins groups and also checked inherit option but it just doesnt help.

What i did i do wrong?

here is the complete audit log:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: The following error was generated when "$error.Clear(); 
    uninstall-Container -Identity $RoleTenantCUFullPath -Recursive
    " was run: "Active Directory operation failed on WIN-H2HA1HCGLQM.hosted.interhost.co.il. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Access is denied. 
    Active directory response: 00000005: SecErr: DSID-031520B2, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0
    ". 
    at WebsitePanel.Providers.ExchangeHostedEdition.Exchange2010SP1.ExecuteShellCommand(Runspace runSpace, Command cmd, Object[]& errors) 
    at WebsitePanel.Providers.ExchangeHostedEdition.Exchange2010SP1.DeleteOrganizationInternal(Runspace runSpace, String organizationId) 
    at WebsitePanel.Providers.ExchangeHostedEdition.Exchange2010SP1.CreateOrganization(String organizationId, String programId, String offerId, String domain, String adminName, String adminEmail, String adminPassword) 
    at WebsitePanel.Server.ExchangeServerHostedEdition.CreateOrganization(String organizationId, String programId, String offerId, String domain, String adminName, String adminEmail, String adminPassword) 
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) 
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 
    at WebsitePanel.Providers.ExchangeHostedEdition.ExchangeServerHostedEdition.CreateOrganization(String organizationId, String programId, String offerId, String domain, String adminName, String adminEmail, String adminPassword) 
    at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.ExchangeHostedEditionController.CreateOrganization(Int32 packageId, String organizationId, String domain, String adminName, String adminEmail, String adminPassword) 

thanks.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 9:51 AM
  • Good day!

I cannot add Exchange Organization in Exchange 2010 SP1 /hosting mode too. I have other error:

<!-- @page { margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } -->

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: parameters ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: parameters
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.TaskVerboseStringHelper.FormatUserSpecifiedParameters(PropertyBag parameters)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.LogCmdletIterationEvent()
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.BeginProcessing()
    at System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.DoBeginProcessing()
    at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessorBase.DoBegin()
    at System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecuteEnumerate(Object input, Hashtable errorResults, Boolean enumerate)
    at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeHelper()
    at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeThreadProc()

I have installed CA, H, MailBox on first server (Win2008 R2 SE) and I have installed AD with functional level "Windows 2008 R2 Basic" on second Win2008R2 SE Server. I can create new Hosting Plans, new user and new domain name, but I cannot "Create New Exchange 2010 Organization", I don't know - why?

Can you help me?

Monday, March 28, 2011 1:39 PM