Optional Auth rules not supported RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I add an OfflineAccess rule to my cert in the Application Configuration Center and then use that cert in my development project I get the following error:

-------------------------------------------
    Optional Auth rules not supported

A mismatch of authorization rules has been detected. Optional auth rules are not supported with this application's base authorization rule set. All authorization rules must contain a name attribute when using optional authorization.
    --------------------------------------------

I am not using Optional rules, each rule has a name, and I am waiting the recommended time period before testing the app with the new cert rule.

The only thing that comes to mind is that I have set rules to access the same DataTypes [Application-Specific Information & File] both Online and Offline

Any Ideas?

Monday, September 15, 2008 2:56 PM

Answers

• I deleted the [default] Personal Image rule and that resolved the problem

Thanks for your help

Vaibhav

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:05 PM
  •  

This error will currently be thrown if there is any rule without a name, regardless of whether you are using Optional Auth.  If you name all your rules in the app-config center, this problem should resolve.  There's a ~1/2 hour lag between updating the rule, and the new values being propagated to the servers, so there will be a brief window where the error still happens.
    Friday, September 19, 2008 6:22 PM

All replies

• hi Troy -

Can you share your application id? If you dont want to share it on forums feel free to email me at vaibhavb at microsoft.com.

regards,

Vaibhav

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 12:00 AM
  • I deleted the [default] Personal Image rule and that resolved the problem

Thanks for your help

Vaibhav

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:05 PM
  •  

This error will currently be thrown if there is any rule without a name, regardless of whether you are using Optional Auth.  If you name all your rules in the app-config center, this problem should resolve.  There's a ~1/2 hour lag between updating the rule, and the new values being propagated to the servers, so there will be a brief window where the error still happens.
    Friday, September 19, 2008 6:22 PM
  • I have assumed that through trial and error Smile

Thanks for the confirmation.

Friday, September 19, 2008 7:18 PM