REALLY weird problem... RRS feed

• Question

• User-600607525 posted
    I'm not even sure how to describe this problem, so I'll just tell what's happening. I'm only testing .asp pages on my home computer (the server) and it worked fine for awhile. Now I have no images showing up in any of my pages, and no images in the iisstart.asp page (the banner at the top is missing). Another problem, I have a page that ONLY contains text made with html. When I run that through IIS it starts halfway through the text, and then times out before it can finish the page, and none of the html formatting is preserved (all times new roman black and white). I don't have a clue where to start. But like I said, it worked fine for awhile but I don't know what I did. :) thanks for the help in advance. btw, all other pages work fine unless they go through IIS
    Tuesday, June 1, 2004 10:30 PM

All replies

• User989702501 posted
    Mm... a) ensure your machine is patch up to date b) do a virus scan c) test a simple 'hello' html, works ? if not, check IIS log file, what's the status code?
    Wednesday, June 2, 2004 3:32 AM
  • User-600607525 posted
    Where can I find the log file and status code?
    Wednesday, June 2, 2004 6:54 AM
  • User-600607525 posted
    disregard all, it was ZoneAlarm...
    Wednesday, June 2, 2004 7:26 AM
  • User989702501 posted
    Cool. so you fix it. Cheers.
    Wednesday, June 2, 2004 11:17 PM
  • User-600607525 posted
    Well I thought it was fixed, but with ZoneAlarm disabled about half of the images come through, and they seem to be alternating with each restart of IE. It's better than nothing, and atleast I know it's ZA giving me problems, but I still can't figure it all out. Have you ever heard of this problem with anyone else?
    Thursday, June 3, 2004 12:34 AM
  • User989702501 posted
    half ? you mean the imag only display half of it ? what if you directly access the image file ? say http://localhost/imagepath/imagename.xxx you can find the log file at %windir%/system32/logfiles/W3svcX where X is your site id.
    Thursday, June 3, 2004 3:09 AM