Top N not working with Stream Analytics job RRS feed

• Question

• I Pushed the data from Stream Analytics job to Power BI dataset. I am trying to get the latest/recent value in Power BI based on timestamp. I am receiving all the data successfully in Power BI.

Now for one particular instance I want to show latest value from Stream Analytics job in reports. I used simple matrix/Table to display the data. It displays the data correctly. However when I try to use the Top N with N=1 it returns null. the same thing works correctly when I am pulling up the data from Azure Tables.

I just want to display the recent data (single value) from Steam to Power BI report (not on dashboard). what can i do to resolve this issue? Values are appearing correctly on dashboards.

Regards,

AJError - Azure Steam Analytics

Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Joshiani,

When I pushed the data from Azure Stream Analytics job to Power BI dataset. I’m able to see the correct values with filter TopN show items: Top=1.

Hope this helps.

Friday, February 8, 2019 11:03 AM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:28 PM