none
How to Get the outlook client type(Ex:Outlook 2013 desktop client,OWA etc) using office API Ver 1.1? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing outlook mail app using office API ver 1.1. I want to display some settings based on outlook client types.

If user open the App in Outlook 2013 desktop client i want to show some settings in my app page. Is it possible to get the outlook client type(ex: owa,desktop client etc) using Office API ver 1.1.

Regards,

Kiran

Monday, February 16, 2015 11:28 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can do it by calling Office.diagnostics object, but why would you show something different between Outlook and OWA?
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a problem with adding custom mail address format to To recipients list. My format is working fine with OWA,OWA app for Android and Ipad. But coming to Outllook 2013 desktop client my custom email address is added to the "To" recipients list. But when i click on "Send" button "Check Names" popup window displaying and says.."Microsoft outlook doesn't recognize .XXXX....Select the address to use".

I dodn`t know why i am getting this error. Same custom mail address formats are working fine in other clients except desktop outlook client.Please check the attachment for reference.

Why i am getting this error?Can i skip this validation in desktop client?

Regards,

Kiran

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 5:26 AM
  • Hi Kiran,

Since the orignal issues was resolved, I closed this thread temporarily.

Have you fix the popup issue now? If not I suggest that you reopen a new thread to get more effective response.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, March 2, 2015 9:27 AM