none
Couple questions about my published app in windows store

Question

• http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/word-touch/4ae5b098-96f6-41ac-add8-2e98dd20f538

(1) Recently, an online reviewer emailed me telling me MS might pull my app because it might be violating a trademark.  Does it?  I know MS has a trademark for the word launch icon thing, but I wasn't aware that "word" is a trademark of MS.  Is my app in danger of being pulled? 

(2) A reviewer recently gave me 1 star because she at some point checked the read-only mode checkbox at the upper left hand corner.  She then gave me a 1 star review saying she couldn't type anything.  How in the world do I tell her to uncheck that box?  I keep searching and still can't find a way to communicate with these reviewers?

If I can't communicate, what's to prevent people from giving 1 star reviews just 'cuz?

(3) How in the world do I get more people to review my app?  Over 500 downloads in the last month and only a little more than a dozen reviews. 

• Edited by RandyPete Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:30 PM
    Thursday, August 14, 2014 8:28 PM

All replies

• http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/app/word-touch/4ae5b098-96f6-41ac-add8-2e98dd20f538

(1) Recently, an online reviewer emailed me telling me MS might pull my app because it might be violating a trademark.  Does it?  I know MS has a trademark for the word launch icon thing, but I wasn't aware that "word" is a trademark of MS.  Is my app in danger of being pulled? 

(2) A reviewer recently gave me 1 star because she at some point checked the read-only mode checkbox at the upper left hand corner.  She then gave me a 1 star review saying she couldn't type anything.  How in the world do I tell her to uncheck that box?  I keep searching and still can't find a way to communicate with these reviewers?

If I can't communicate, what's to prevent people from giving 1 star reviews just 'cuz?

(3) How in the world do I get more people to review my app?  Over 500 downloads in the last month and only a little more than a dozen reviews. 

I have a lot of happy purchasers, about half bought after a trial..  Which you would think means they tried and liked it....

But I've found most people don't leave a review on their own unless they have something to complain about.

I think the way some app developers fix this is with that annoying "please rate this app" pop-ups in the app itself...  I don't want to do that with my app, I hate when i'm asked to do it as a user.\

-Rob

-Rob

Saturday, August 16, 2014 2:35 PM
  • What about that woman that set the app to read only mode and then wrote a one star review saying my app doesn't work?  How do I communicate with her telling her to uncheck the checkbox where it says read only mode? 

By her logic, I can turn off my computer and claim that my dell's screen is black.

Edit.

Yes, about half of the downloaders buy my app as well.  But they just won't review.  Me sad.

• Edited by RandyPete Saturday, August 16, 2014 5:55 PM
    Saturday, August 16, 2014 5:51 PM
  • There's nothing you can do if you don't like a review..   I have people who never e-mailed me for support who have left feedback saying the app does not work.  Just hope the majority of users who might leave a review leave better reviews.  In theory, people can say was this review helpful, and the most helpful ones will wind up on the front page.

-Rob

p.s. I don't mean half my downloads are purchases, I mean of all my sales, let's say 15 in a month are in-store purchases, then something like 17 will be trial upgrades..  In other words, half-my-purchases are after a trial as opposed to outright purchases.  Just wanted to clarify.

-Rob

Sunday, August 17, 2014 12:34 PM
  • What about the trademark thing?  Is that online reviewer right to be concern?  MS has certified my app 14 times already without saying anything about that.  I'm just worried they might yank it.  Number of downloaders and purchasers per day are steadily increasing each day.   Just worried that MS is fattening me up before putting me in the oven.
    Sunday, August 17, 2014 7:36 PM
  • What about the trademark thing?  Is that online reviewer right to be concern?  MS has certified my app 14 times already without saying anything about that.  I'm just worried they might yank it.  Number of downloaders and purchasers per day are steadily increasing each day.   Just worried that MS is fattening me up before putting me in the oven.
    I'd contact support since that is specific to your account..  Use e-mail (or chat) support for best results.. These forums are just other users.

-Rob

Sunday, August 17, 2014 8:43 PM