Did I missing something for dynamic format change.

Question

• Hi,

I met a problem about the format change when start get sample of source reader. I am trying to get raw image data from a video file for my video edit metro app. But I found there is always a gray bar at the bottom of the video frame in some clip.

The original size I got from the sample is 320*136.

When I using source reader(initialize with MF_SOURCE_READER_D3D_MANAGER attribute) to get a sample, the first sample from IMFSourceReader::ReadSample will have the stream flag MF_SOURCE_READERF_CURRENTMEDIATYPECHANGED.

Then I use MF_MT_FRAME_SIZE to get the frame size from the Media Sample(Through IMFAttribute interface). The size after format change will change to 320*144. Dues to I am under metro, I can't get other attribure likes MF_MT_GEOMETRIC_APERTURE that with MFVideoArea. 

I found the texture(ID3D11Texture2D) of the first sample said it's size is 320*144 (I got from D3D11_TEXTURE2D_DESC). But the content of this texture actually 136 pixel height. So I will get a frame with gray bar at the bottom if I got the texture with full size.

Is there some information I miss about the format change? Should I do something to make source reader output the frame without the gray bottom bar, or I can get information about the actual valid height of the texture I can use?

What should I do for this issue, can somebody give me some idea?

Thank you~~

Eric

Friday, June 15, 2012 3:23 PM

Answers

• Hi  Jesse,

Thanks for your help. Currently I found that even the document said the MF_MT_GEOMETRIC_APERTURE is not supported by metro, but I found I can get these information from media type and that resolved my problem.

Thank you~~

Eric

Monday, June 18, 2012 12:26 PM

All replies

•  

Hello,

Would you please provide us the whole codes to reproduce this issue,

You can upload your project to skydriver

http://skydrive.live.com/

It is not necessary that you send out the whole of your project. We just need a simplest sample to reproduce the problem. You can remove any confidential information or business details from it.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, June 18, 2012 11:53 AM
  • Hi  Jesse,

Thanks for your help. Currently I found that even the document said the MF_MT_GEOMETRIC_APERTURE is not supported by metro, but I found I can get these information from media type and that resolved my problem.

Thank you~~

Eric

Monday, June 18, 2012 12:26 PM