none
Create Multiple Hyperlinks in Word 2010 with a VBA Application RRS feed

• Question

• After reading the article on the vesatility of Word 2010 Macros ay http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff604039.aspx

I would appreciate any feedback on a simple application of a VBA Macro (or any other utility) which would automate hyperlink creation.

Here is my goal: I created a very large Word 2010 document with several hundred (maybe as many as 500) individual hyperlinks but during many revisions saved the document as a .txt notepad file. I have re-saved the same document to another Word 2010 format and would like to automate the creation of all the hyperlinks which are valid websites consisting of separated text strings dispersed throughout the document each and all beginning with "http://". The entire document contains only simple text (with no formatting) and these website strings.

Is there a Macro code that would easilt and rapidly accomplish this or is there any other methoc you can suggest.

Here is to all the software enthusiasts who can change the way we live for the better.

Thank You,

fcZZ.

• Moved by Mark Liu-lxfModerator Wednesday, January 11, 2012 2:44 AM VBA issue (From:Visual Basic General)
    • Moved by danishani Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:51 PM Might have better response (From:Visual Basic for Applications (VBA))
    Monday, January 9, 2012 7:02 PM

All replies

• Hi it is not easy to find what VB forum you need in the Microsoft forums. 

However, this one is for the VB in Visual Studio Net. 

For VBA is the Isvvba forum

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/isvvba

I don't know what that name means so if somebody knows it, I'm curious.

Success
    Cor
    Monday, January 9, 2012 7:18 PM
  • I guess it's one of these with vba attached. :)
    Regards David R
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Every program eventually becomes rococo, and then rubble. - Alan Perlis
    The only valid measurement of code quality: WTFs/minute.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 9:04 PM
  • So here it is the VBA forum
    look at this picture:  http://cjoint.com/?BAlf63a2CXE

--
    isabelle
     Le 2012-01-09 14:18, Cor Ligthert [MVP] a écrit :
    > Hi it is not easy to find what VB forum you need in the Microsoft forums.
    >
    > However, this one is for the VB in Visual Studio Net.
    >
    > For VBA is the Isvvba forum
    >
    >
    > I don't know what that name means so if somebody knows it, I'm curious.
    >
    > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > Success
    > Cor

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:59 AM
  • To answer the original question, for which this is a perfectly good forum, ...

You don't need a macro. Autoformat will do this for you in a couple of clicks or it would have done in 2003.

With the bizarre new interface it is more awkward. If you have an English UI, press Alt+O,A to bring up the AutoFormat Dialog (if you don't have an English UI, come back for further detail), then click on "Options". The option you need to have checked is "Replace: Internet and network paths with hyperlinks" and it will be checked by default; you can choose which other options you want, then press "OK" to return to the Autoformat Dialog, and "OK" to run the AutoFormat. That's it!

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:12 PM
  • I see now that this thread has been moved and that the original forum was not the right one, and my reference made little sense - but then nothing much makes sense with moved threads. My apologies.

Enjoy,
    Tony
    www.WordArticles.com
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 1:18 PM