Stretching IDXISwapChain renderings to a SwapChainBackgroundPanel: Filtering issue?

Question

• Hi, i'm trying to stretch a smaller IDXGISwapChain content to a larger SwapChainBackgroundPanel. I created the SwapChain as 800 * 600, the panel is full-screen ( 1366 * 768 ). However it turns out to be (nearest) point-sampled, and looks blocky. Is there a way to force a "Linear" sampling in this scenario?

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 3:23 PM

Answers

• This is a known issue in the Release Preview.  Unfortunately there's no way to override the filtering - for now you'd have to create a full screen swap chain and scale the content.

• Marked as answer by Malegeby Friday, July 06, 2012 3:17 PM
    Thursday, July 05, 2012 5:03 PM
  • It should look better in the next release.
    • Marked as answer by Malegeby Friday, July 06, 2012 9:14 PM
    Friday, July 06, 2012 4:54 PM

All replies

• This is a known issue in the Release Preview.  Unfortunately there's no way to override the filtering - for now you'd have to create a full screen swap chain and scale the content.

• Marked as answer by Malegeby Friday, July 06, 2012 3:17 PM
    Thursday, July 05, 2012 5:03 PM
  • Thanks!

Wondering if there's any plan to fix that in the future release? Or it's meant to have the application itself to scale the content. My application is pretty fill-rate bounded and scaling it to the full-screen swap chain is even slower than rendering directly to the full size. Would be sweet if we got some 'free' scaling :)

Friday, July 06, 2012 3:20 PM
  • It should look better in the next release.
    • Marked as answer by Malegeby Friday, July 06, 2012 9:14 PM
    Friday, July 06, 2012 4:54 PM