none
How to auto fill text boxes with macro from other text box of a template? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having trouble with making a macro on WORD 2010 professional.

I want to make a macro that copys a text from a text box and paste it to several other text boxes from other pages.

The problem is that I cannot select any of the text boxes when I try to record the macro.

Can you guys help me with this?

Please Help and thanks!, 

Not4Now

Monday, July 2, 2012 1:19 PM

Answers

• Hello Stefan Blom,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I saw the artivle on your web page, very useful! (favorited it) but unfortunately I can't work with that :/

I have an scanned PDF, and i've been ask to make it editable from WORD so I just put the image on the background of the document and put text boxes on top of the fields to edit. There are some fields that need a repeated text, and thats why i'm here.

I really appreciate your help but that's not want I need :/. But do you know if I can make macros with text boxes or do you know an altenative for this?

Thanks a lot again for your reply!, 

Not4Now

You could still make use of the ideas in the linked article (which was written by Greg Maxey, by the way, not by me). For example, you could use bookmarks to repeat data. If you want to use legacy form fields, you'll have to replace the text boxes with frames, though.

As an alternative, you can convert the PDF into Word format, for example by using internet resources.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 11:30 PM

All replies

• Several approaches to repeating data are collected in the article at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/repeating_data.html.

Monday, July 2, 2012 6:32 PM
  • Hello Stefan Blom,

I saw the artivle on your web page, very useful! (favorited it) but unfortunately I can't work with that :/

I have an scanned PDF, and i've been ask to make it editable from WORD so I just put the image on the background of the document and put text boxes on top of the fields to edit. There are some fields that need a repeated text, and thats why i'm here.

I really appreciate your help but that's not want I need :/. But do you know if I can make macros with text boxes or do you know an altenative for this?

Not4Now

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 2:37 PM
  • Hello Stefan Blom,

Not4Now

You could still make use of the ideas in the linked article (which was written by Greg Maxey, by the way, not by me). For example, you could use bookmarks to repeat data. If you want to use legacy form fields, you'll have to replace the text boxes with frames, though.

As an alternative, you can convert the PDF into Word format, for example by using internet resources.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 11:30 PM