Remote Desktop Cannot find Cload Service (Virtual Machine) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everybody,

I have created a Virtual Machine from Azure gallery (Virtual Studio 2013 ultimate with update 5). When I try to connect the virutal machine or the cloud service it generates following error. I have restarted the VM and it didn't help. I am using my work computer which is sitting inside our orgnization's network, could it be the problem. Do I need to configure our proxy which I have no access to? and I don't know which configurations do I need to do.

Remote Desktop can not find the computer MyVsAzureServer.CloudApp.Net. This may mean that MyVsAzureServer.CloudApp.Net not belong to the network identified. Check the computer name and the domain you are trying to access.

When I ping to the public IP, it gets time out.

Thank you all.

• Edited by Medes71 Monday, March 21, 2016 10:09 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2016 10:08 AM

All replies

• You will not be able to ping the public IP address, only RDP is open, but there is no specific proxy settings on the Azure side that you need to configure.  There are several possibilities for why you can't RDP to the machine now that it's created, in my experience firewall software on the local machine is usually the culprit.  This document can help you narrow it down - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/diagnostics-troubleshoot-remote-desktop-connections/

Jennelle Crothers - Microsoft Technical Evangelist @jkc137 | www.techbunny.com (If my reply has been helpful to you, please give it a vote!)

Monday, March 21, 2016 5:12 PM