Windows Explorer Windows 8

General discussion

• Hello, I wanna know if its going to be released a Windows Explorer app for the Metro UI. It is not inmersive the actual state. When I plug an USB or a DVD, I get a metro menu, but if I choose the option to explore the files, Windows launch the Windows explorer on the Desktop UI.

Then, I think in future releases, you should add the possibility to add a tile for My Documents.

I hope this will change in future releases because this is no good!

I think Windows Explorer, a fax-scanner app, every Windows Live app (including photo gallery and movie maker) Zune, and the Windows Defender should be Metroish.

Good job!

• Edited by jahXP Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:39 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:37 PM

All replies

• jahXP

I'm glad someone with XP in their title is so happy with Metro.  I'll take the noted request about Explorer and your prodding to make the world more "Metroish"  Thanks for testing and oh yeah.  My Documents should be tiled.

Charles

Friday, September 16, 2011 7:29 AM
  • I use the jahXP nick-name since the first time I installed Windows XP on my PC (I think it was november 2001). And yes, I think Metro UI has a lot of possibilities and a good future. I hope Microsoft improve it in the beta and RTM, but at this momento I think you are in the good way.

Thursday, October 06, 2011 4:12 PM