none
Upcoming Upgrade for Azure Data Lake Store and Azure Data Lake Analytics

General discussion

• Thank you for your support during the Public Preview release. Your accounts will soon be upgraded and you will see new capabilities coming online.

In preparation for the General Availability of the Azure Data Lake Store (ADLS) and Azure Data Lake Analytics (ADLA) services, we are going to move your accounts to a new, upgraded environment. After this upgrade, we will start enabling new functionality that you have been asking for during the Public Preview release.

The integrity of your data is of utmost important to us. In order to guarantee this, during and after the upgrade, we have to take the two services offline during the process.

In order to minimize impact to you during usual business hours, the services will be taken offline for the upgrade on Saturday, July 30th, 2016 for up to 14 hours.

During this time, you will not be able to access or use the services, including but not limited to the following operations:

ADLS
    • Create accounts
    • Upload/view files
    • Manage permissions
    ADLA
    • Create accounts
    • Monitor/submit jobs
    • Running jobs will start to fail

Upgrade Window
    Start Time: Saturday, July 30, 2016 16:00 (UTC)
    End Time: Sunday, July 31, 2016 6:00 (UTC)
    Duration: 14 hours

FAQ
    Q: Why are you taking the services down for up to fourteen hours? 
    A: Microsoft takes our customers’ data integrity very seriously and to help ensure the upgrade is completed with minimal impact, services will be unavailable as the work is carried out. 

Q: Will there be another downtime before the general release? 
    A: This is the last planned downtime during public preview of Azure Data Lake.  After these services become generally available, we will adhere strictly to the published Azure SLAs of 99.9% availability and reliability.

Q: Have you informed customers of this downtime? 
    A: Yes. We have proactively reached out to our customers. This downtime was planned for Saturday morning (Pacific) to minimize impact on customers worldwide.  

Friday, July 22, 2016 11:58 PM

All replies

• Can you provide some details on the "new capabilities coming online"? 
    Sunday, July 31, 2016 4:58 PM
  • Hi! After upgrade my library for  Data Lake Analytics stop working correctly? Row oriented files are splitting in incorrect way. What happens? I have descibed my problem here.
    Sunday, August 7, 2016 2:12 PM
  • Can you provide some details on the "new capabilities coming online"? 

Several details are linked from the Azure Data Lake blog post.

Michael Rys

Monday, August 8, 2016 8:01 PM
  • Hi! After upgrade my library for  Data Lake Analytics stop working correctly? Row oriented files are splitting in incorrect way. What happens? I have descibed my problem here.

I answered in your posting. Please note that your code was expecting some behavior at the low level that got changed to enable a wider variety of scenarios.

Michael Rys

Monday, August 8, 2016 8:02 PM