Data model in power pivot doenot update after data set in Power query updates RRS feed

• Question

• I have added a new column in data set in Power Query , but this new column doesn't get reflected in data model in power pivot .

Could you please help me ?

Friday, December 4, 2015 6:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Sri,

According to your description, you are experiencing the issue when add a new column in the data set, the column not reflect in PowerPivot data model, right?

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue. Power Query and Power Pivot complement each other. Power Query is the recommended experience for discovering, connecting to, and importing data. Power Pivot is great for modeling the data you’ve imported. Use both to mold your data in Excel.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/How-Power-Query-and-Power-Pivot-work-together-a5f52cba-2150-4fc0-bb8f-b21d69990bc0

If this is not what you want, please provide us more information about your issue, if possible provide us some screenshot about it, so that we can try to reproduce this issue and make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Charlie Liao Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, January 4, 2016 9:46 AM
    Monday, December 7, 2015 6:33 AM