Getting Error when using Cache Preview RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Azure sdk 1.7v for cache I have followed all the steps from this article for azure Cache preview settings and getting errors when initializing DataCacheFactory object. error is: {"role discovery data is unavailable"}

I have applied all settings in the web config as well

<tracing sinkType="DiagnosticSink" traceLevel="Error" /> 

<dataCacheClient name="default" >   

<autoDiscover isEnabled="true" identifier="iCATCacheWorkerRole" />  

<!--<localCache isEnabled="true" sync="TimeoutBased" objectCount="100000" ttlValue="300" />--> 

</dataCacheClient>

and also have settings in the webrole. Please help me on this. Thanks

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:38 AM

Answers

• You can check up that the versions are as below for the SDK components:

• Marked as answer by Arwind - MSFT Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:06 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:20 PM
  • Hi Lakhwant,

The error you are seeing is indicative of the fact that your web application application has no context to the devfabric runtime (I'm assuming you're testing this on your devfabric). I'm able to replicate this exception by running the web application directly since it has no context to the Service Runtime. If this is the case make sure you set your cloud project to startup.

If not please share your files as per Sharad's request.

All the best,

Richard

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Lakhwant

1. Is this for the Dedicated or the co-located scenario?
    2. Can you confirm that the latest SDK is installed correctly, the Azure Emulator in specific?
    3. Can you share the csdef and cscfg files for your app (minus the secure credentials) ?

Thanks,
    Sharad

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:12 PM
  • You can check up that the versions are as below for the SDK components:

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:20 PM
  • Hi Lakhwant,

The error you are seeing is indicative of the fact that your web application application has no context to the devfabric runtime (I'm assuming you're testing this on your devfabric). I'm able to replicate this exception by running the web application directly since it has no context to the Service Runtime. If this is the case make sure you set your cloud project to startup.

If not please share your files as per Sharad's request.

All the best,

Richard

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:41 PM