none
Windows 10 IoT Core for i.MX 8MM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.

I downloaded the BSP for i.MX8 MM from the NXP website. It works fine, but the screen resolution of Windows included on BSP is fixed to 1920x1080 and cannot be changed.

It is listed as KnownIssues/Limitations in the release memo.

I contacted NXP.

Their answer is that in this case the software belongs to Microsoft. You should directly ask on Microsoft community about of a availability of a driver with multiple resolutions.

Any help will be appreciated.

Monday, November 11, 2019 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hello Maegawa S,

You may try to modify the resolutions section in the TestOEMInput.xml before building the image. I don't have a i.MX board to test if it is available.

<Resolutions>
        <Resolution>1024x768</Resolution>
      </Resolutions>

I can not find the display driver for other resolution. You can post this issue via Feedback Hub App to report this issue.

But you can try to 

Best Regards,

Michael

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:19 AM
  • Dear Michael,
    Thanks for the reply.

I did the test the way you taught me. Unfortunately, the resolution could not be changed(It remains 1920x1080).

I contacted NXP again. 

Their answer is..."Upcoming version of the Windows 10 IoT Core BSP are planned to be supported by NXP, but the already available versions hosted on Github are not part of such support model, so, they are currently supported by Microsoft on the software side."

To report this issue, I've already posted this issue using the Feedback Hub app.If you have any other solutions, I look forward to hearing from you.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:33 AM