Adding route to route table for virtualappliance RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently trying to follow the new 'how to' guide on Azure for adding routes to the route table in order for my VM's to send traffic towards a virtual appliance.

azure.microsoft.com/nl-nl/documentation/articles/virtual-networks-udr-how-to/

When adding a route to the route table the following commands should be used: 

Set-AzureRoute -RouteTableName FrontEndSubnetRouteTable `
    -RouteName FirewallRoute -AddressPrefix 10.2.0.0/16 `
    -NextHopType VirtualAppliance `
    -NextHopIpAddress 10.1.1.10

The problem I'm facing is that whenever i try to pull this off I get the Error 'Set-AzureRoute : BadRequest: The next hop type VirtualAppliance is not supported yet. Please use next hop type VPNGateway.'

The Error seems kinda self-explanatory but according to the Azure websites this should have been supported for about 2 to 3 weeks.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Hope you guys can help me out.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 5:21 PM

Answers

• Hello ReneLui,

I suggest that you enter the Next hop type value to VPN Gateway (If you have a gateway) and check if you get any errors.
    As per the documentation I see that the Next hop value: Virtual Appliance is supported. You will also need to give the Nexthop Value when you use Next Hop type as: Virtual Appliances.

Refer to the parameters defined in the article below:

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/documentation/articles/virtual-networks-udr-overview/

Thanks,
    Syed Irfan Hussain

Thursday, May 7, 2015 3:04 PM

All replies