none
Office URI Schemes in MS-Office 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've wondering if there is any URI schemes which enables to open ms-office2007 editor.

For example, If I make URL within document server like this:

ms-powerpoint:ofe|u|http://myserver/doclib/145751475046890023/documentName.pptx

and I click the above link from my IE. Then, My MS-Office2010(or later) automatically open the document.

As I know, above scheme is only available for MS-Office2010 or later.

For your reference, Here is the link : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn906146.aspx

Are there anybody who knows the URI scheme for MS-Office2007?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:59 AM

Answers

• Hi wayne,

As the link you provide, the scheme is supported in Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 and later, including the Microsoft Office 2013 for Windows and the Microsoft SharePoint 2013 products. So, I think there is no URI scheme for MS-Office 2007. So, I would suggest you upgrade your Office.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by wayne Hwang Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:43 AM
    Friday, March 11, 2016 7:09 AM

All replies

• Hi wayne,

As the link you provide, the scheme is supported in Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 and later, including the Microsoft Office 2013 for Windows and the Microsoft SharePoint 2013 products. So, I think there is no URI scheme for MS-Office 2007. So, I would suggest you upgrade your Office.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by wayne Hwang Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:43 AM
    Friday, March 11, 2016 7:09 AM
  • Hi, Edward.

Thanks for your kindly answer.

For your reference, I've received same answer from MS tech-support team.

Have a good day.

Best Regards,

Wayne

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:43 AM