Error during deploy in VS 2012

Question

• I am creating a Metro app in VS 2012 Professional on RTM(9200) 64 bit. But when I build, I get the following deployment error.

Error 9 Error : DEP0800 : The required framework "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.VCLibs\11.0\.\AppX\Debug\ARM\Microsoft.VCLibs.ARM.Debug.11.appx" failed to install.
    error 0x80004004: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed App.a2c1d821b.ae27b.a481e.a9cf8.a96ca437239b9_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Designer.App. AppName

One solution I found was below:

1.Open folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.VCLibs\11.0\AppX\Debug\ARM and rename Microsoft.VCLibs.arm.Debug.11.appx it to Microsoft.VCLibs.arm.Debug.11.appx1

2. copy C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.VCLibs\11.0\AppX\Debug\x86\Microsoft.VCLibs.x86.Debug.11.appx to ...\AppX\Debug\ARM and rename it to Microsoft.VCLibs.arm.Debug.11.appx

But this does not seem to work permanently. But sometimes I am able to deploy and run the app. How can this be solved?

Monday, September 3, 2012 2:06 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Please make sure your Visual Studio version is RTM. As far as I know, If you install Visual Studio RP on Win8 RTM. It will throw this error.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please make sure your Visual Studio version is RTM. As far as I know, If you install Visual Studio RP on Win8 RTM. It will throw this error.

Best regards,
    Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:25 AM
  • I have VS2012 RTM on top of w8 RTM

The whole installation was clean, from zero and all installers are RTM.

This problem is making me waste an unbelievable amount of time just quitting and reopening VS so the newly compiled app can be deployed, in order to be executed.

So, that is not the cause.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:01 AM