none
Shape fill of selected point in shart RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying in a VSTO add-in written in VB to change color of the selected points in a chart. I have managed to do this in Excel but selection in PowerPoint is slightly different.

How can i by code change the color of only the selected points in a chart in PowerPoint?

Thursday, June 8, 2017 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hi MattiasB_,

Since this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tool, and your issue is more related to VSTO forum, I will move this thread to the more related forum.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 9, 2017 2:25 AM
  • Hi MattiasB,

What do you mean selected point, is it the chart series? Differing from Selection object in Excel Application, Selection.Type Property (PowerPoint) can be ppSelectionNone/ppSelectionShapes /ppSelectionSlides / ppSelectionText. We could get the selected chart but we are unable to get the selected point in the chart.

I think PowerPoint may not provide the function to access the selected series. Maybe, you could use SeriesCollection as a workaround.

Best Regards,

Terry

Tuesday, June 13, 2017 1:29 AM