PUT stops working on Server RRS feed

• Question

• User518677258 posted

My web API was working last week.  I installed core 2.2 on server. And the web api compiled as 2.1 failed on PUT.  The error is <h3>HTTP Error 405.0 - Method Not Allowed</h3>
    <h4>The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) is being used.</h4>  I recompiled the service to core 2.2. While it works on IIS Express, ( VS)  the PUT fails when deployed under IIS. On the off chance the request filtering needs the verb PUT now, I added that. Still fails. 

Any ideas ?  Thanks   - trying to publish  the sample but that gives me an error Failed to start application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/R22', ErrorCode '0x80004005'., Mixed hosting model is not supported. Application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/R22' configured with different hostingModel value '1' other than the one of running application(s).

Thanks... 

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 5:58 PM

All replies

• User36583972 posted

Hi andrewcw,

My web API was working last week.  I installed core 2.2 on server. And the web api compiled as 2.1 failed on PUT.  The error is <h3>HTTP Error 405.0 - Method Not Allowed</h3>
    <h4>The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because an invalid method (HTTP verb) is being used.</h4>  I recompiled the service to core 2.2. While it works on IIS Express, ( VS)  the PUT fails when deployed under IIS. On the off chance the request filtering needs the verb PUT now, I added that. Still fails. 

Any ideas ?  Thanks   - trying to publish  the sample but that gives me an error Failed to start application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/R22', ErrorCode '0x80004005'., Mixed hosting model is not supported. Application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/R22' configured with different hostingModel value '1' other than the one of running application(s).

From your description, I think you have a ASP.NET Core application(API). It is suitable to go to the ASP.NET Core forum for getting help.

Besides, As far as I know the ASP.NET Core 2.2 is available as part of .NET Core 2.2 on December 2018.

You may can refer the following article to update an existing ASP.NET Core 2.1 project to ASP.NET Core 2.2.

Migrate from ASP.NET Core 2.1 to 2.2
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/migration/21-to-22?view=aspnetcore-2.2&tabs=visual-studio

I hope it will helpful for you.

Best Regards,

Yong Lu

Thursday, December 20, 2018 6:21 AM