Retrieve Static Activation Key RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I want to install Visual Studio 2005 Professional but the installer I have already contains a product key. I want to use my own product key but it is not available for viewing in the Subscriber Downloads. It says "No key is required for this product". I read about "Static Activation Keys" and it I think it applies to this product.

But how can I get my own Static Key for this product. It is also not available in the "My Product Keys" page.

Also, can I use the installer I have that already have an embedded product key. I got it from my company.

Thanks. Hope you can enlighten me.

Monday, June 20, 2011 3:20 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your question Richard.  The key for this product is already embedded in the Installer for Visual Studio 2005. A separate key isn't provided for you through MSDN Subscriptions because the key is already embedded in the product.

The answer to your last question is that you can use it if you're licensed to do so.  If your company has purchased a license for you to use Visual Studio 2005, then you can do this, either via an MSDN Subscription or some other method.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    • Proposed as answer by Mike Kinsman Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Kinsman Friday, June 24, 2011 7:07 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 3:41 PM