How to get to use Xamarin Studio RRS feed

• Question

• User313009 posted

Hi I'm just wondering as I've been reading through the help files and couldn't find the particular information to my question. Can I use exactly Xamarin Studio if I don't have the requirements to install Xamarin.Forms (Windows 7 :/)? I know Xamarin.Android is installed, but I don't have access to the nice Xamarin IDE that is Xamarin Studio.. I need to open Visual Studio 2015 and find the section for Xamarin and it's not that convenient. Thanks for your answers in advance :smile:

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 12:54 PM

Answers

• User12211 posted

Unless you are only interested in writing applications for Android, Xamarin Studio for Windows is not an option. If that's all you want to do, then you can get it from https://store.xamarin.com/account/my/subscription/downloads

Click "Show all versions" and click the drop-down under "Xamarin Studio" that says "Windows".

At some point in the not-too-distant future, the Windows version is going to disappear, so you may want to put up with the "pain" of installing Visual Studio.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:42 PM

All replies

• User261475 posted

As far as I know, since Microsoft bought Xamarin the Studio is only available on Mac (as long as Visual Studio for Mac is not final). I would recommand to use Visual Studio 2017 (maybe with ReSharper) and the development process is way more easy as in Xamarin Studio.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:10 PM
  • User313009 posted

Well my coworker has Windows 10 and uses Xamarin Studio so that shouldn't be an issue.

I will take that into consideration, although Visual Studio is a pain to install and reinstall XD

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 1:19 PM
  • User12211 posted

Unless you are only interested in writing applications for Android, Xamarin Studio for Windows is not an option. If that's all you want to do, then you can get it from https://store.xamarin.com/account/my/subscription/downloads

Click "Show all versions" and click the drop-down under "Xamarin Studio" that says "Windows".

At some point in the not-too-distant future, the Windows version is going to disappear, so you may want to put up with the "pain" of installing Visual Studio.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:42 PM