set page boarder style to double not working RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to add a double top and bottom boarde to my page header or a rectangle, I set the style to double and even changed the pt to 3 or higher, but when the report renders I still get a single line, and when I go back into the properties the style is set back to single and pt is back to 1.

Why aren't the properties getting saved?

I'm using SSRS 2008 R2.

Thanks

Dan1104

Dan1104
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Dan,

Do you use Business Intelligence Development Studio or Report Builder to author the report?

Since the issue that the report cannot be saved is unusual, could you please try to create an empty report, and then apply border settings to its page header. If it still doesn’t work, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Tony Chain

Tony Chain [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Dan1104 Monday, March 7, 2011 2:33 PM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Dan,

Based on your description, I did a test by steps below:

1.       Add Page Header to the report.

2.       Select the Page Header, and specify the border properties with the following settings:

BorderColor ->  Default:                                Black

BorderStyle ->   Default:                                None

Top:                       Double

Botton:                 Double

BorderWidth ->                Default:                                3pt

3.       Save the report.

As you posted, when check the report in the Preview mode in Business Intelligence Management Studio, both the top and bottom borders are displayed in a single line.  However, after deployed the report to the Report Server, the borders are displayed correctly as double.

So, could you also save the report and deploy it to the Report Server, then check it in the Report Manager? If it is still doesn't work, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Tony Chain

Tony Chain [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Proposed as answer by Pritam_Shetty Sunday, January 23, 2011 10:23 AM
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 5:15 AM
  • Tony,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sonner, but I was on a different issue. I tried you suggestion, but the BorderStyle Default is Single and when I change it to double and save it and go back in the setting goes back to single.

Again I'm using 2008 R2.

Thanks for you help

Dan1104

Dan1104
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 5:27 PM
  • Hi Dan,

Do you use Business Intelligence Development Studio or Report Builder to author the report?

Since the issue that the report cannot be saved is unusual, could you please try to create an empty report, and then apply border settings to its page header. If it still doesn’t work, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Tony Chain

Tony Chain [MSFT]
    • Marked as answer by Dan1104 Monday, March 7, 2011 2:33 PM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 1:20 AM