passing a composite activity OutArgument to a composite activity InArgument RRS feed

• Question

• I create a workflow designer,there is two custom composite activity. one curtom composite acitivity's OutArgument is  another customer composite activity's InArgument.

but i don't know how to pass the composite activity OutArgument to another composite activity InArgument.

please help me.

thanks.

davy
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 11:35 AM

Answers

• Arguments are not meant to be passed, it means a binding terminal for data to get in/out an activity, it can be thought to be a storage of data during the execution of the activity owning it, and will be disposed once the activity execution completes.

To accomplish passing data from one activity to another, you use a variable.

First, you define a variable at a common parent scope of the custom composite activities.

Then, you assign the OutArgument of the 1st custom composite activity to be the variable (by typing the name of the variable in the property grid)

Finally, you assign the InArgument of the 2nd custom composite activity to be that variable

You are done!

The situation is similar to code like this

var temp;
    temp = CustomActivity1()
    CustomActivity2(temp)

• Proposed as answer by Andrew Au - MSFT Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andrew_Zhu Thursday, August 4, 2011 1:30 AM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:05 PM