none
I can't find my text editor

Question

• I can't manage to find my text editor in Visual Studio 2015 after I accidently closed it somehow.

https://i.gyazo.com/e748f11f47252ef2b58b97a8fe6173e9.png
    Friday, December 30, 2016 6:51 PM

All replies

• Have you tried to double-click “Program.cs” that can be seen at right side in Solution Explorer?

Friday, December 30, 2016 9:01 PM
  • Please try:
    1. Right click on "Program.cs"
    2. Select [View Code]

Regards,
    Ashidacchi
    Saturday, December 31, 2016 4:20 AM
  • Hi nrkilla14,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Does your issue is solved or not? I agreed with Viorel_ and Ashidacchi, please try to click the Program.cs or F7 to show the Text Editor. From your shared screenshot, it looks like you already not chosen any .cs file to show the text editor, if you create a new C# console application, the text editor of Program.cs auto open and under Solution Explorer, the cursor focus on the project name like ‘ConsoleApplication4’ in your case, not the solution name and we can manually close the Text Editor, then reopen it through the method that Viorel_ and Ashidacchi said.

If I misunderstand your issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 02, 2017 7:44 AM