Migrate SP 2007 to 2010 mysite content share RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. we are migrating sharepoint 2007 to 2010 (new server). content appears to migrate just fine. except (of course):

mysite content seems to be all there. each user can go to mysite/my content and see everything. but colleagues can no longer see other user's stuff. so a colleague of mine can not even see my shared folder.

in 2007, as administrator, I was expected to be able to upload things to individual mysites, so the web policy was put in to do that. I found that same web policy in 2010, but still I can not see others' content either.

so I'm suspecting I have some security setting somewhere that's not right. but I don't have a clue where to look. I've seen other threads that talk about the app pool in IIS, but since in SP 2007 mysites were under the main root, the migration has used the same approach. so I'd assumed that the app pool was already ok since everyone can get into SP and go to their mysite and that I just have some SP admin thing off.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.     George

Friday, March 11, 2011 5:08 PM

Answers

• Hi GHH3,

Thanks for your post.

From your description, the migration was succeeded from SharePoint 2007 to 2010; however the users encounter some access issues. I guess that you may need to do additional security configuration after migration to SharePoint 2010. I would recommend you post a question in SharePoint forum where you may get a quicker answer (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sharepoint2010).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Chunsong Feng

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by GHH3 Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:30 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:52 AM
  • sorry- spaced in the wrong forum.
    • Marked as answer by GHH3 Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:19 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:18 PM

All replies

• OK, after 130 views, I must not be asking the question correctly. So for Sharepoint 2010:

How do I allow collegues to see mysite's shared documents folder and/or drop off folder?

How do I set up an administrator to be able to post to anyone's mysite documents?

Thanks.

Monday, March 14, 2011 5:39 PM
  • Hi GHH3,

Thanks for your post.

From your description, the migration was succeeded from SharePoint 2007 to 2010; however the users encounter some access issues. I guess that you may need to do additional security configuration after migration to SharePoint 2010. I would recommend you post a question in SharePoint forum where you may get a quicker answer (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sharepoint2010).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Chunsong Feng

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by GHH3 Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:30 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:52 AM
  • sorry- spaced in the wrong forum.
    • Marked as answer by GHH3 Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:19 PM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 1:18 PM