Deploying asp.net web application RRS feed

• Question

• User-1141190189 posted

I had created asp.net c# web application and deployed it in my machine locally in the development server.

now, my organization has its own private cloud and uses 3 level architecture; Database server, application server and the webserver.

I need to publish the web application on the internet. my question is what are the files that need to be in the application server? what the files must be published on the web server?

can anyone help me and explains the steps to do that?

Thanks

Thursday, July 9, 2020 8:19 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

The web application is deployed to the web web server  The web service project is deployed to the application server.  The database is deployed to the database server. 

Read the documentation that comes with the cloud services for deployment instructions. 

Thursday, July 9, 2020 9:13 PM
  • User1535942433 posted

Hi Sanfoor,

As far as I think,deploying the web application on the private cloud is same with public cloud.Just like this article.

The webservice  is deployed  on the application server and the database is deployed on the database server. 

Could you tell us what the cloud you have used?It will help us to solve your problem.

Best regards,

Yijing Sun

Friday, July 10, 2020 5:49 AM
  • User-1141190189 posted

Hi mgebhard. thanks for your response

actually, I have only one project in my solution (web application). in general, do  need an application server?

Friday, July 10, 2020 12:51 PM
  • User475983607 posted

Hi mgebhard. thanks for your response

actually, I have only one project in my solution (web application). in general, do  need an application server?

The community cannot answer this question.  It very common to have 3 physical tiers where only the application servers have access to the database servers.   I recommend that you meet with your team and ask how security works in your organization. 

Friday, July 10, 2020 1:04 PM