Default.aspx Custom Size/Dimension RRS feed

• Question

• User182803759 posted

Is there a way to specify WIDTH and HEIGHT for the Default aspx page when it comes up?

I'm not referring to a page pop-up when called from another page. I'm referring to the first page that comes up when users access your website.

TIA

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 8:00 PM

All replies

• User-893317190 posted

Hi ARPRINCE,

It seems that you eant to change the size of the widow.

However, the window doesn't only belong to you website ,it also belongs to the browser.

If the user opens other websites before yours , how the browser deals with its size?

If you change your window's size, this it to say you should also change other website's size.

One way I could think out is to use js to open the same default.aspx and close the original default.aspx.

$(function () {

window.open("yourdefault.aspx", "_blank", 'width=200,height=100,top=300,left=400');
                window.close();

})

The first parameter is the url of the window you want to open , the second  parameter is  how to open the window. 

The third parameter is the feature of the newly opened window,top  and left specify the position of your newly opened window.

For more information , please refer to https://www.w3schools.com/jsref/met_win_open.asp

Best regards,

Ackerly Xu

Thursday, September 27, 2018 2:47 AM
  • User409696431 posted

"Is there a way to specify WIDTH and HEIGHT for the Default aspx page when it comes up?"

Why do you want to do this?

I can say that I would be unhappy if a site tried to commandeer my control over my browser's window size.  Is there something about your site that requires a fixed browser size?

As a general rule, if this is a public site, it should be made as a responsive design that works over a wide range of browser window sizes (PC, tablet, phone).

Thursday, September 27, 2018 3:14 AM