none
Trying to remove an adapter but cannot delete primary receive location RRS feed

• Question

• Hello to all,

I have an old custom adapter that now I would to remove so to be sure that nobody will use it in the future. From the Biztalk Administration Console, I go in "Platform Settings" --> "Adapters" then I select the adpater I want to remove, right-click --> "Delete". I obtain the error message "Cannot delete this object since at least one receive location is associated with it".

I get this errore because there is still one obsolete receive location, switched-off, but PRIMARY and I can't mark it as NOT PRIMARY since the checkbox is disabled.

So, my question is: how can I delete this primary receive location so to finally completely remove the obsolete adapter?

Thank you

Best Regards

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 3:08 PM

Answers

• Hi

Why not change the Adapter type on this ReceiveLocation to FILE, give any dummy value for file-path in the adapter configuration.

Then, you should be able to delete your custom adapter. And also this ReceiveLocation.

Thanks Arindam

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 3:31 PM
  • You could:

- Delete the ReceivePort to which the ReceiveLocation belongs OR

- Add another ReceiveLocation to the ReceivePort with a different adapter type and mark that ReceiveLocation as Primary

After that, delete the obsolete ReceiveLocation and you should be able to delete the adapter.

• Thank you for all your suggestions and I finally solved in this way (please note that next steps must be done excatly in the shown order):

1-  I set "<None>" in the bindings of the orchestration that uses the receive port associated with my obsolete adapter

2- Then I deleted the Receive port associated with my obsolete adapter

3- Automatically, the last receive location (primary) has been deleted by previous operations

4- Then I deleted my obsolete adapter

I hope these instructions can be useful for other users.

Thank you

Riccardo

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hi

Why not change the Adapter type on this ReceiveLocation to FILE, give any dummy value for file-path in the adapter configuration.

Then, you should be able to delete your custom adapter. And also this ReceiveLocation.

Thanks Arindam

• You could:

- Delete the ReceivePort to which the ReceiveLocation belongs OR

- Add another ReceiveLocation to the ReceivePort with a different adapter type and mark that ReceiveLocation as Primary

After that, delete the obsolete ReceiveLocation and you should be able to delete the adapter.

• Thank you for all your suggestions and I finally solved in this way (please note that next steps must be done excatly in the shown order):

1-  I set "<None>" in the bindings of the orchestration that uses the receive port associated with my obsolete adapter

2- Then I deleted the Receive port associated with my obsolete adapter

3- Automatically, the last receive location (primary) has been deleted by previous operations

4- Then I deleted my obsolete adapter

I hope these instructions can be useful for other users.

Thank you

Riccardo

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 4:32 PM