none
Reclaim VS2012 License Usages

Question

• I just wiped my computer and reinstalled VS2012, entering my license code.  Then I used Unity3D and it pulled up VS to edit the scripts, and asked for the code again.  Is there a way to see how many of my 3 computers are using the license and reclaim it from them, to make sure I only have 1 active license use being used?  I'd hate to get another machine and be unable to use my license because it's activated on my pre-wiped computer or on my current computer twice.

Thanks!

Sunday, April 24, 2016 7:46 PM

Answers

• Hi LysolPionex,

According to your description, you want to remove the Visual Studio 2012 License information from your another computer, is it right?

Please find the Visual Studio 2012 License from registry key in below path:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses\77550D6B-6352-4E77-9DA3-537419DF564B

After removing this registry key, please try repair your Visual Studio 2012 from Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Visual Studio 2012 -> Change -> Repair.

Please refer to:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12465361/how-to-change-visual-studio-2012-license-key

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:42 AM