none
Why Spanish resources RRS feed

• Question

• I use no resource libraries. Once of a sudden Spanish resource directories and Spanish resources files have infiltrate my compilations. I use a US_English keyboard and laptop.

How can I stop this infiltration?

Is it a Mexican take-over coming from the border?

• Edited by Arne Garvan Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:27 PM
    Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:24 PM

Answers

• I found the and removed bogus resources in my packages folder.

I now get clean compiles.

• Edited by Arne Garvan Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Arne Garvan Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:55 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Arne Garvan,

Thank you for posting here.

According to your description, I have a question to confirm with you.

What's the type of your application?

Please provide more information and it will help us to analyze your problem.

We are waiting for your update.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 9, 2019 8:04 AM
  • The extra spanish resource shows in websites and windows services. I don't know what information to look for. I am using Visual Studio 2017.

Saturday, August 10, 2019 9:07 AM
  • If you can login to the server, check the update time of your last deployment (presumably the update time of your main binaries in /bin folder) and see if they matches those extra resources DLL.

If your project uses source control, check and see if those file were added by others there.

Also, try download fresh copy of source to another folder and try to compile there, in order to make sure those files are produced on your machine, and no weird setting is causing it.

Monday, August 12, 2019 1:41 AM
    Answerer
  • The spanish resources are created on my computer. I am the only developer. I don't understand how to stop them. The spanish resources are in the EntityFramework.resources.dll and in EntityFramework.SqlServer.resources.dll.
    I found and deleted a bogus spanish nuget package. Did Visual studio clean and rebuild. The Spanish virus keep get regenerated.
    • Edited by Arne Garvan Monday, August 12, 2019 12:35 PM
    Monday, August 12, 2019 12:13 PM
  • Did you remove the entry in packages.config of your project too?
    Monday, August 12, 2019 3:41 PM
    Answerer
  • yes

I removed my Spanish resource entry from packages.config, but the bogus resource keep getting regenerated.

Monday, August 12, 2019 5:06 PM
  • I'm thinking about the possibility regarding you may have Spanish version of .NET runtime installed, causing the Spanish Entity Framework resources being pulled?

https://superuser.com/questions/974192/how-to-uninstall-a-net-language-pack-for-good

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 1:39 AM
    Answerer
  • I have other programs, that I have developed on my computer, that is free from the Spanish bug.
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:35 AM
  • Hi Arne Garvan,

Apologies for the delayed response.

>>that is free from the Spanish bug.

Do you mean that other programs developed on the same computer did not have the problems?

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 2:24 AM
  • Yes,
    I have other programs developed on my computer that does not have extra resources. Some of my programs have other resource problems (Chinese, Japanese and other junk resources.

• Edited by Arne Garvan Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:48 AM
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:47 AM
  • Hi Arne Garvan,

I suggest that you can create a simple demo and check whether the junk resources still keep generating.

If so, you can refer cheong00's answer. 

Otherwise, the problems may occur from your project. Try to check the referenced file.

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:31 AM
  • I found the and removed bogus resources in my packages folder.

I now get clean compiles.

• Edited by Arne Garvan Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Arne Garvan Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:55 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:29 PM