none
Error 40036 - Method of Object Failed RRS feed

• Question

•   
       With MyobjAccess
          '.DoCmd.RunMacro "mcrReportPrep" 'moved to code called by Runreport
          'MsgBox "Try to shell report"
          .Run "RunReports"  i am Getting an error at this point. also i am getting it only on XP(office 2007).It seems to work fine On Win7(Office 2010)
          'MsgBox "Shelled report"
       End With
       Trace "Report opened"
       OpenReport = True
    Monday, January 9, 2012 3:38 PM

Answers

• Why not using the DoCmd.OpenReport command, which is supported in both versions?

NOTE: It's always wise to develop your application in the lowest version you are using. Some functions or commands are only available in newest version and not in older versions.

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"
    Monday, January 9, 2012 7:17 PM

All replies

• Why not using the DoCmd.OpenReport command, which is supported in both versions?

NOTE: It's always wise to develop your application in the lowest version you are using. Some functions or commands are only available in newest version and not in older versions.

Hope this helps,

Daniel van den Berg | Washington, USA | "Anticipate the difficult by managing the easy"
    Monday, January 9, 2012 7:17 PM
  • Actually Its working fine on the Development machine(XP). But when i try to deploy it to another machine, only then it pops up this error.
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:45 PM
  • Yes, as I said different versions might give different result. Develop the application in your lowest version you are using.

Did you tried the DoCmd.OpenReport command and see if that resolved it?

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:26 PM