none
how to monitor that the size change event of outlook explorer RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am now load 32*32 icon in the ribbon, but I am asked to put 16*16 icon on the ribbon when user shrink the window

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 7:30 AM

All replies

• The only event that fires when a user changes the size of an Explorer window is Explorer.BeforeSize(). That can be canceled but it doesn't provide you directly with the current or new sizes. For that you'll need to store the Explorer.Width and .Height values before and after the event and compare them. Then you'd invalidate the control.

I think what you're trying to do won't produce the result you want. The size of a ribbon control is set as normal or large, and those are your only options. Various sizes of images (in terms of pixels) don't really scale or size differently in the UI, they are automatically scaled for the window size and specified button size by the ribbon provider. You might see very minor differences in the detail shown for the image, but that's about it.

--
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.slovaktech.com
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
    "SaraZC" <=?utf-8?B?U2FyYVpD?=> wrote in message news:bed86ab8-5547-4c49-aca3-64ed5bff6598...

I am now load 32*32 icon in the ribbon, but I am asked to put 16*16 icon on the ribbon when user shrink the window

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:21 PM