none
Cosmos Db documents are not being indexed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I added Azure Search to our Cosmos Db yesterday, but no matter what I do I am not able to make the indexer index anything. We are using the Cosmos Db Sql Api, and the model is fairly simple without any nesting. I've wasted a good part of the weekend on this. I'm not touching the highwatermark, as it is not possible when choosing Cosmos Db as source. For Key I have tried both with the automatically suggested rid (_rid) and with our own unique key field which is a guid string. I've tried resetting the index several times, but after the indexer runs again it still does not index anything. Everything is green and says "success", only 0 documents shows up as indexed, and querying returns no results.

Using the portal for all the configuration, not interested in spending any time coding for Azure Search before it actually works.

• Edited by Hahahaakon Sunday, October 28, 2018 7:08 PM Forgot something
    Sunday, October 28, 2018 7:00 PM

All replies

• Is there a guide or doc that you are following along with? If so, can you please share the URL? I'd like to try and reproduce the scenario to get a better idea of what the issue might be.

We look forward to your reply.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 7:26 AM
  • I also encounter the situation when indexer do not do anything, they just don't run. For a period of time all the indexers are running with no problems, sync happens every 10 minutes, then no indexer is running, I could not find any errors or warnings that could explain this behavior. I must say that from time to time we recreate the index in azure search service, I do not know if this might cause any issues. 

Last time this did happen, because we did not find a way to restart the search service, we just scaled it up so it would restart, and then indexers started running.

Is there a way to investigated this issue? Is there a way to restart Azure search services?

Thank you,

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 1:36 PM
  • Hello, I'm on the Azure Search team and would like to help investigate this.  What is the name of your service and I will take a look.  -Corom
    Friday, November 2, 2018 7:28 PM