none
Deploying an DLL (COM object) to Excel vba reference RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed (VB.Net) a DLL in VS2010 to use in Excel (Windows 7 64 bit with 32 bit Office 2010)
    The Class Library has both 'Make assembly COM-Visible' & 'Register for COM interop' checked.
    The Target CPU is set to x86 using .Net 4.0 Framework.
    When I build this on my development machine the DLL is available in Excel vba to be selected as a Reference and the Excel executes the DLL correctly.

The problem comes when I attempt to deploy the DLL to other Window 7 machines.

I have successfully(?) registered the DLL using the following command line (as an Administrator)

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regasm.exe "C:\Program Files\CompanyName\XXX_DLL.dll"

However the DLL does not appear in Excel vba to be selected as a Reference.

Where have I made a mistake / what am I doing wrong?

Many Thanks.

Fixed: /tlb & /codebase missing

• Edited by Dulouz Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:38 PM
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:08 PM

Answers

• Hello Dulouz,

It is glad to hear that you have found the solution and thanks for sharing it with us. And it is recommended to open a new post to write the solution. Or it is not easy to understand for others if we write the solution in the question directly.

Here I help rewrite your solution and highlight it so that others could understand this thread clearly:

Fixed: /tlb & /codebase missing

Best Regards,

Fred.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 28, 2014 8:01 AM