32-bit / 64-bit image RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed a 32-bit image by using the ICE. I have created some templates and with the templates I create my answer file for the image for a specific hardware.

Now we want to create 64-bit images. Exist there an easy way to do this without creating the template files again? Exist a tool to convert the template files or the answer files to use the other distribution share?

Thanks Reiner

Friday, October 26, 2012 12:19 PM

All replies

• Hi Rainer,

not sure if it really works, but you may give it a try:

• Make a copy of the X86-configuration file and open with a text editor
    • Replace all "x86" by "amd64", then save the file
    • Open ICE, select the amd64-Distribution share, then open the modified (amd64)-file
    • In my case a message regardings diffs versions appeared - I choosed to update the answer file...

Good luck,

Willi K.

Thursday, November 8, 2012 9:34 AM
  • Hello Willi,

the way you suggest I have tried already but it does not work for me. The ICE was missing some components (round about 20) after renaming (x86 --> amd64). Then I have removed the components but the builded image was only showing  a blue screen.

It's a pity that there is no easy way to switch between the different distribution shares.

Thanks Willi

Friday, November 9, 2012 7:00 AM
  • You really have to start over because of the settings x86 vs amd64.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Proposed as answer by Sean LimingMVP Friday, November 23, 2012 5:51 PM
    Friday, November 9, 2012 8:01 AM
  • That won't work because the x64 image also has lots of x86 in there. If you do that and the moons are in alignment, you'll have a 64 bit image where nothing 32 bit works at all.

I just did the opposite, fortunately I have a document showing me all the changes and which pass...

=^x^=

• Proposed as answer by Sean LimingMVP Friday, November 23, 2012 5:51 PM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Hello Sean, hello PE,

I have feared to get such an answer, but thanks to all.

Reiner

Friday, November 23, 2012 12:26 PM