Method Not Allowed when use SendAsync() instead of GetAsync() RRS feed

• Question

• User204212 posted

Hi guys, is me again.

I have another interesting situation

I need to send a Get request to an API but with content in the body, but I never do that previously (only with post request).

``` public async Task GetIdentificaciones() { try { var direURL = ApiSIF + "cuteURL"; var uri = new Uri(string.Format(direURL, string.Empty));

var response = await common.SIFHttpClient().GetAsync(uri);

if (response.IsSuccessStatusCode)
                {
                    var jstr = await response.Content.ReadAsStringAsync();
                    var identificaciones = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject<List<Identificacion>>(jstr);

return response.ReasonPhrase;

}
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {
                Debug.WriteLine("Error en la funcion para obtener Identificaciones", e.InnerException + e.Message);
            }

return "BAD";
        }

```

That's the normal code to make and Get request, work fine and return 200, very good, but when I try it this code to add content to the body in a GeT request: ``` ... var request = new HttpRequestMessage { Method = HttpMethod.Get, RequestUri = new Uri(ApiSIF + "cuteURL"), Content = new StringContent("83", Encoding.UTF8, "application/json") };

var response = await common.SIFHttpClient().SendAsync(request);

if (response.IsSuccessStatusCode) { ... ```

It's send me a "Method Not Allowed" error code.

Anybody knows how to make this kind of request?

BTW: I'm not the dev for the API, so I cant modify anything in the API project.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020 4:30 AM

All replies

• User2148 posted

Get should not have a body... you should use Post

Wednesday, August 26, 2020 6:08 AM
  • User204212 posted

@AlessandroCaliaro said: Get should not have a body... you should use Post

Hi @AlessandroCaliaro I know that, but see, I dont dev the API, so I need to adjust to him.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020 12:57 PM
  • User204212 posted

@NMackay can u help me with that question? please :neutral:

Friday, August 28, 2020 4:41 AM
  • User76049 posted

Not really, API should be changed, unless you can pass whatever custom config through the headers, for Get you just supply a URL, Libraries like Refit will expect that behavior.

Seen posts used in Restful API's that return a json response with data, sometimes for authentication etc but it's a weird API experience generally.

Can't really add any more than the response from @AlessandroCaliaro

You can do a post and return data though, it's not really a get or Restful though, get's are cached and optimised.

Friday, August 28, 2020 3:56 PM
  • User204212 posted

@NMackay said: Not really, API should be changed, unless you can pass whatever custom config through the headers, for Get you just supply a URL, Libraries like Refit will expect that behavior.

Seen posts used in Restful API's that return a json response with data, sometimes for authentication etc but it's a weird API experience generally.

Can't really add any more than the response from @AlessandroCaliaro

You can do a post and return data though, it's not really a get or Restful though, get's are cached and optimised.

Thanks, I will send this to the API dev to see if they can change that.

Cheers!

Friday, August 28, 2020 11:15 PM