How to debug Share contract in Metro app?

Question

• How do I debug the Share contract in a Metro app? I've tried both locally and the simulator. The flyout opens and then disappears after clicking my app's share target button. Currently I can only get the flyout to remain open if I launch the app from the Metro start screen, without debugging.
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am not sure which fly out that you mentioned. Do you mean the Share charm will disappear automatically during debug mode? It would be better if you can provide a sample project via SkyDrive, so that we can find the issue more conveniently and provide further suggestions for you.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework

Friday, July 20, 2012 9:53 AM
  • The flyout which I think you are referring to the Charms bar will close when you are debugging your target because at the time of debugging your active app is Visual Studio and not the Source App. Better to use the simulator in that case. Here is a great article on debugging with Share Contract. Hope it helps :)

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2011/11/01/debugging-contracts-using-windows-simulator.aspx

Saturday, July 6, 2013 1:34 AM