none
permission from administrators required when deleting from desktop even when user is an administrator RRS feed

• Question

• Appears that when trying to delete from a desktop = I suspect this may have something to do with the profile =  the user, although an administrator, when trying to delete a file from the desktop, receives a message from the operating system stating "You need permission to perform this action"  You require permission from the Administrators to make changes to this file.

A few things about the file:

1) I just now saved it to the desktop

2) I am in the administrators group on this particular machine

3) Windows 10 Enterprise running on a Windows 2016 domain (Business Essentials) recent upgrade

Strange - when I setup the machine, it asked a question about inheriting from the domain profile.  Not exactly in those words - I don't remember exactly - only that I responded quickly and immediately regretted the response.  Now, if I write to the desktop - file, folder, anything - there is no permission to remove the file.   Normally I wouldn't mind but part of upgrading was to put a 128 GIG SSD as the C:\ drive and if this keeps up, I will run out of space and have to wipe my machine - definitely not something I desire.

Any help welcome.  

Problem again is - I am not given any permission to remove files from my desktop.  They are greeted with an error that I am not an administrator though I am in the administrators group on the machine.

Computer Management - Local Users and Groups - Administrators

Additional information:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Tried to run the following based on a link:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/unable-to-delete-desktop-files-windows-10/7492e319-645b-4516-b325-03b6d688e751

RESULTS:

At line:1 char:95 + ... | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.I ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (C:\Windows\Syst...ppXManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], Exception + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

Says: close Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.10.7.17134_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy.

Says: close Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17134.112_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2tx

Says: 

The package could not be installed because resources it modifies 
    are currently in use.
    error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the following apps need to be closed 
    Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.10.7.17134_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

The first and third are rather strange.  I didn't enable Cortana.  Does Cortana have to be enabled?  I surely do not want to enable Cortana.

R, J

• Edited by Crakdkorn Sunday, December 23, 2018 12:11 AM
    Sunday, December 23, 2018 12:00 AM