none
fslogix stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have setup a 2019 server with FSlogix configured via group policy for just the office containers.

I had this working, it was creating the VHDX files when a new user logged in and it was re attaching without a problem I was a happy boy as it was all working. then i noticed that users were not attaching the vhdx disks when they logged in and new users are not creating disks when they login for the first time.

In the logs i can see it saying that it's not a user that it cares about so that makes me think that the users are not in a group that enables fslogix but they are.

I a struggling to see where I have gone wrong. I don't' remember changing anything in the group policy that should effect this but I can only think that I have.

it's almost like the server is ignoring the GPO for the fslogix gpo config for the server, if I run RSOP I don't see the FSlogix GPO. 

Any help would be appriciated

Tom

Thursday, May 21, 2020 10:30 AM

All replies

• Sorry, after submitting this i suddenly had a thought about the GPO i had added a deny to the administrators group, this was stopping the server applying it.

i have logged in with my test user and it's created a new VHDX file, will this happen with all the users (there is only about 5 at the moment)

how will FSlogix deal with this? it almost seems like I will need to setup the profile from scratch again

Cheers

Tom

Thursday, May 21, 2020 10:44 AM