Orchard IRC channel RRS feed

• Question

• Any word yet on an Orchard IRC channel?

bd

Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:18 PM

Answers

• Well, we made all the requests with freenode but they seem to be ignoring us so far. I followed up this morning but no result so far.
    • Marked as answer by BrooklynDev Friday, October 1, 2010 4:41 AM
    Friday, October 1, 2010 12:39 AM

All replies

• Well, we made all the requests with freenode but they seem to be ignoring us so far. I followed up this morning but no result so far.
    • Marked as answer by BrooklynDev Friday, October 1, 2010 4:41 AM
    Friday, October 1, 2010 12:39 AM
  • I doubt this would prove useful, but I do have my own IRC network that you're welcome to use.  Otherwise, what's stopping us from just staking our claim in a channel and letting freenode get around to 'approving' us whenever they feel like it?
    Friday, October 1, 2010 6:18 PM
  • Nothing is really stopping us, you are correct, and it doesn't even need to be us doing it: an IRC channel is actually trivial to open. It's just that we are trying to do things in a more official way. It's really disappointing that freenode would be so slow to answer to requests.
    Friday, October 1, 2010 9:14 PM
  • Disappointing?
    Yes.

Typical?
    Yes.

That really just seems to be par for the course with them, not sure why though.

Saturday, October 2, 2010 12:46 PM
  • In the #FreeNode channel on FreeNode:

stimpy77 A major open source project (Orchard Project) is trying to get a channel organized on FreeNode as an official IRC channel. But no one @ Freenode is responding to their requests. Can someone assist?
    stimpy77 http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/orcharddiscussions/thread/beb2ead4-c52e-4497-9387-dbbde6398795 << context
    satdav stimpy77, what done
    EvilPhoenix stimpy77: they can actually register their channel first
    satdav as I know some of them
    EvilPhoenix then file a GRF
    stimpy77 OK, how do they register a channel? And, what is a GRF and how do they file that? 
    stimpy77 I suspect that they just sent an e-mail somewhere rather than come here or read full documentation
    EvilPhoenix oh god...
    stimpy77 lol 
    lewellyn stimpy77: have they visited freenode.net yet?
    EvilPhoenix ^
    stimpy77 I'm sure they have
    lewellyn so they didn't see the faqs? 
    tomaw I can't find anything about the project on registrations or support emails so I suspect they did something obscure
    lewellyn or the big link in the left for "Group Registration"?
    lewellyn well, relatively big, as the site's font size is not.
    tomaw stimpy77: take a look over http://freenode.net/group_registration.shtml and have someone sufficiently involved in the project file the form there and we'll sort it out for you 
    stimpy77 so let's assume they "made all the requests" properly ..
    stimpy77 .. because they claim they did.
    tomaw I don't see a registration for them but there are small gaps in what I have because of some technical problems. best bet is to have whoever did it redo it and it'll get processed.
    tomaw do you know which channel you/they were trying to use?
    stimpy77 it's been months :S .. this one goes back to august .. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/orcharddiscussions/thread/0d4ce752-21cd-4473-9db0-db5932b313ca 
    stimpy77 .. no
    stimpy77 probably #orchard or #orchardproject
    tomaw stimpy77: /join #orchard, /msg chanserv help register and then read over the registration stuff on the website
    tomaw you're welcome to use the channel between now and the registration being processed 
    lewellyn (processing takes longer than 6-8 weeks as this is not a tv ad)
    stimpy77 ohh?
    jbroome if i act now, will i get the set of knives free?
    jbroome (i just pay S&H?)
    lewellyn jbroome: guaranteed to be made of metal!
    stimpy77 lol .. so wait is that a joke or does it really take 6-8 weeks?
    jbroome stimpy77: he's serious
    tomaw I am going to have to hand out more freenode/jester/* cloaks
    lewellyn stimpy77: it takes longer than 6-8 weeks for the GRF to get through the system
    jbroome and 6-8 is good
    stimpy77 okay
    stimpy77 thanks guys
    lewellyn the sooner you start, the sooner you're done
    jbroome tomaw: if there's a freenode/smartass/* i'll be needing one of those
    tomaw stimpy77: ask the person that filed the original web registration form to do so again when they've a few minutes though as I can't see his one in our records. regardless, the channel's free and unregistered so just move in

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:11 PM
  • Cross-referencing, as this forum is deprecated: http://orchard.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=239629

FYI I went ahead and registered #orchard  on Freenode myself.

• Proposed as answer by Jon Davis Monday, December 27, 2010 10:47 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 7:57 AM