Duplicate field in SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In my SSIS package, i have a field test_method_number coming from OLE DB Source. I used Derived transformation to trim test_method_number: TRIM(test_method_number)

Now in the next Derived Transformation, i see duplicate test_method_number. How to get rid of this duplicate?

Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:11 PM

Answers

• I tried your method but the issue is not resolved.

Delete your existing Deriver Column Transformation and and follow instructions as per my previous reply.

Cheers

Ronnie

Please don't forget to mark helpful posts, and answers. It helps others to find relevant posts to the same question. web: www.ronnierahman.com

Friday, May 29, 2015 7:40 AM
  • Hi SyedF,

If the issue still exist after you tried the suggestion post by Ronnie, we can follow the suggestion ahead, then delete the next Derived Transformation, and then add a new one to repalce it to check the issue again.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 29, 2015 9:11 AM

All replies

• Double click on the Derived Column component to open Derived Column Transformation Editor - Choose Replace 'Your Column Name'

Derived Column Transformation Editor

Please don't forget to mark helpful posts, and answers. It helps others to find relevant posts to the same question. web: www.ronnierahman.com

Thursday, May 28, 2015 2:36 PM

Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:37 PM
  • Hi SyedF,

Delete your Derived Column Transformation.

Do it again and choose replace "column name".

Thursday, May 28, 2015 10:11 PM

Delete your existing Deriver Column Transformation and and follow instructions as per my previous reply.

Cheers

Ronnie

Friday, May 29, 2015 7:40 AM
  • Hi SyedF,

If the issue still exist after you tried the suggestion post by Ronnie, we can follow the suggestion ahead, then delete the next Derived Transformation, and then add a new one to repalce it to check the issue again.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 29, 2015 9:11 AM