none
while running concurrent programs using WCF oracle adapter, am not getting the Concurrent Program RequestID in the response. RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the case -  I am trying to Cancel a PO in Oracle EBS. I have inserted the records into the PO Amendment interface tables in oracle using WCF Oracle adapter successfully. After this I ran concurrent program named 'XXPOCANCEL' which is basically used to CANCEL PO s inserted into Oracle EBS. When the concurrent program runs, it will return a RequestID - basically a unique number of the concurrent program request - in response to our request message. The number am getting here is 0 always. It is able to successfully insert the records into interface tables. 

One more thing is the concurrent program is successfully completed if created from Oracle EBS front end forms. This is a custom concurrent program written exclusively for our client which is calling the standard Oracle PO Cancel program after some validations.

Response message is like this:

<XXXXPOCANCELResponse xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/OracleEBS/2008/05/ConcurrentPrograms/PO"><XXXXPOCANCELResult>0</XXAETPOCANCELResult></XXXXPOCANCELResponse>

If anyone encountered this error before or any directions on the issue , I need your suggestions.

Could this be a problem from biztalk side or in the Oracle Concurrent Program ?

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:01 PM

Answers

• That's the issue then, you need to check why the concurrent program operation is not completing.

Regards,
    Bali
    MCTS: BizTalk Server 2010,BizTalk Server 2006 and WCF
    My Blog:dpsbali-biztalkweblog
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Mark As Answer or Vote As Helpful if this helps.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

'0' is returned if the operation is not completed successfully. Is your operation completed successfully?

Regards,
    Bali

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:58 AM
  • I inserted the data into interface tables and invoked this concurrent program with the interface Id as the input parameter. I am not sure if  it is calling the concurrent program but I get the response message from Oracle with Id as 0. Oracle program will create a log (output) file when Biztalk request message starts executing it which i dont see in Oracle EBS front end.

I dont think my operation is completed.

VENUGOPAL

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:34 AM
  • That's the issue then, you need to check why the concurrent program operation is not completing.

Regards,
    Bali

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:49 AM
  • Hi DPS,

I could finally solve the problem with help from my teammate. Problem lies in the map I created to construct the POCANCEL Concurrent Program request message.

In this map I used a concatenate funtoid with empty string as a parameter to it. Because of this It is passing Empty value for some of the parameters in the concurrent program request message.

This was the request message instance for the PO Cancel Concurrent program, you see the empty spaces for first 2 parameters:

<ns0:XXXXXPOCANCEL xmlns:ns0=http://schemas.microsoft.com/OracleEBS/2008/05/ConcurrentPrograms/PO>

<ns0:Description> </ns0:Description><ns0:StartTime> </ns0:StartTime><ns0:p_batch_id>1094883</ns0:p_batch_id>

</ns0:XXXXXPOCANCEL>

Corrected message instance:

<ns0:XXXXXPOCANCEL xmlns:ns0=http://schemas.microsoft.com/OracleEBS/2008/05/ConcurrentPrograms/PO>

<ns0:Description></ns0:Description><ns0:StartTime></ns0:StartTime><ns0:p_batch_id>1094883</ns0:p_batch_id></ns0:XXXXXPOCANCEL>

Anyways thanks for your time and suggestions.

VENU

VENUGOPAL

Friday, April 27, 2012 4:30 AM