none
Where can I download Visual Foxpro 9 RRS feed

• Question

• I own Visual Foxpro 9. But I don't have the media anymore. Where can I download Visual Foxpro 9? Is there a link?

Saturday, November 17, 2018 12:36 AM

All replies

• I don't believe it is available from MS anymore. In addition to the media, you will also need your license key which would be with your original media package. (Best would of been if you had made a backup of your installation CD and license key when you originally purchased it.)

Mike z

Saturday, November 17, 2018 1:01 AM
  • It shouldn't be possible, unless you have an MSDN subscription.

Tamar

Monday, November 19, 2018 9:32 PM
  • MSDN subscription is the only legal option today. Unfortunately, MSDN offers just versions 7, 8, and 9. Original media are available at eBay from time to time. The question is how much original they are...

If you are not tied to legal sources then search for "FoxPro download"... which is rather dangerous but no other choice exists sometimes.

BTW, unofficial "after life" VFP hotfixes are provided by one China developer... And he is also offering VFP compiler.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 4:25 PM
  • I strongly suggest not using eBay sources. My experience is that software sold there is not only likely to be bootleg, but also may be infected and dangerous.

Tamar

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:25 PM
  • I have a copy of my VFP9 media, and my key stored on my various backups. I suggest others would do the same.

also - Would it be legal to offer the cd image without an activation key? I wouldn't mind sharing if its allowed.

Monday, December 3, 2018 7:28 PM
  • Let say eBay is bad resource... but what about the China developer which knows the VFP internals in details hidden to all of us? His work is illegal for sure but what's the option for us? He offers source code for all patches so they could be safe. The compiler is a different story. 

One of his fixes is e.g. for varchar(max) problem in SQL Pass-through. 

@Aleniko2: If Microsoft wanted to offer the VFP image for free, it would have done so long ago... You may create just backup copies of the media for your own purposes.

Buying MSDN is a good option. You'll get not only VFP but additional software as a bonus :-).

Monday, December 3, 2018 8:33 PM