PowerPoint Slides with pictures ! RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create a power point presentation with lots of slides  with 10-12 pictures each but later in future if i delete one picture in the middle then i will have to arrange all pictures again to get rid of blank space . I have to keep those pictures in the slide using priority list , is there a way to automatically  update slides once i delete picture in the middle?

Thanks so much for your help.

Sonia

Friday, April 25, 2014 1:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, to automatically update slides as you want, we need to capture the delete event of Shape object or the change event of Slide object to reset the position of all Shapes in the Slide.

But I'm afraid there is no such event for Shape object or Slide object exported in PowerPoint Object Model currently. There are only events for Application Object. So it's hard to triggle the deleting of a Shape and I fail to find a workaround to do that.

If you have any suggestions about development of PowerPoint, please feel free to submit them in Office Feedback.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 28, 2014 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, to automatically update slides as you want, we need to capture the delete event of Shape object or the change event of Slide object to reset the position of all Shapes in the Slide.

But I'm afraid there is no such event for Shape object or Slide object exported in PowerPoint Object Model currently. There are only events for Application Object. So it's hard to triggle the deleting of a Shape and I fail to find a workaround to do that.

If you have any suggestions about development of PowerPoint, please feel free to submit them in Office Feedback.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 28, 2014 7:03 AM
  • Thanks Luna Zhang for your reply , I can't get it to work  for now so i will have to create slides again if i need to delete a picture in future, I wanted to automate this process somehow.  
    Monday, April 28, 2014 12:07 PM