none
How to relate different Address Book Number to TPM Party Name? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Suppose a trading partner has 5 branch plants with 5 address book number.

When we generate purchase order from ERP, we have address book number in the polled data and not Party Name of BizTalk TPM.

How should I relate this address book number to some Party I have created in TPM of BizTalk?

Is there a standard way to do it ? 

Or

Should I create any proprietary table and maintain this relationship between address book number to some Party Name?

I hope role links will be used later to send EDI for different trading partners based on Party Name.

Please advise what is the standard way to approach this scenario?

Regards

Vivek

Friday, August 4, 2017 6:18 PM

Answers

• You could create one party per distinct entity (event though they are branches). For each Party you could define a property (under profile) where you'd store the address book number and then when from within the orchestration you use a role link and create a party using this identifier, BizTalk will map it to the appropriate party. You can then create the associated send port and the relevant EDI agreements would get taken. This may be possible on the send side only.

Regards.

Monday, August 7, 2017 5:33 AM

All replies

• Do you mean to say that the ERP "Address Book Number" (that's not an EDI thing) corresponds 1-1 for a EDI Receiver Identifier?

Sunday, August 6, 2017 4:50 PM
  • You could create one party per distinct entity (event though they are branches). For each Party you could define a property (under profile) where you'd store the address book number and then when from within the orchestration you use a role link and create a party using this identifier, BizTalk will map it to the appropriate party. You can then create the associated send port and the relevant EDI agreements would get taken. This may be possible on the send side only.

Regards.

Monday, August 7, 2017 5:33 AM