none
Excel crashes with "Microsoft Excel has stopped working" whilst running my VSTO Workbook application. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've been working on an excel VSTO workbook application for some time now.

It consists of excel sheets plus some windows forms for the more complex search filtering and for CRUD of certain LINQ to SQL objects which are loaded / saved in a SQL Server db.

Fairly recently I have started running into this error (see pic above). It is not thrown while stepping through my .net code but from Excel itself. It's appearing in a couple of different places but is reliably thrown when I cancel out of one of my win forms and a search is refreshed as a result on one of the sheets.

A couple of months ago I upgraded from Windows XP / Office 2007 to Windows 7 / Office 2010. I never had this error before the upgrade.

I am using Visual Studio 2010.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Edited by MG1976 Monday, September 23, 2013 2:25 PM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The issue could be caused by many reasons. We need to more specific information for troubleshooting.

If it is convenient, please provide us with the code. You can remove the sensitive message.

As long as keep the code for reproducing the issue and update it to Skydrive.

Best Regards

Fei

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:51 AM